Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Changes

Do you remember that song "I'm going through changes"?  I think it's by Ozzy Osbourne or something?  Well, it perfectly describes my school life right now.

I recently found out that I will not be returning to third grade next year.  I am headed back to ESE.  I am very excited for the change, but sad at the same time.  It occurred to me that every two years I make some kind of change.  I spent 1 year as an assistant and 1 year as an ESE teacher (2 years in ESE), then 2 years teaching in a behavior unit, and just finished 2 years as a 3rd grade teacher.  I guess I thrive on change.

I truly am excited about the switch.  I've been inclusion for the past 2 years, so I'll know most of the kids I'll be working with anyway.

I know it's selfish, but I spent the two years in a behavior unit feeling like I didn't belong to my school.  My kids weren't allowed in the building, we weren't allowed outside if other classes were outside, we weren't allowed in the yearbook.  So the fact that the past 2 years I have been so included has been wonderful.  Field trips and recess with other classes and yearbooks (this year anyway) and Christmas musicals and just being allowed to go to presentations has been amazing.  And I didn't want to give that up.  But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I did want to make that change.  I can still be included in things, and I can make a bigger impact on my school in the process.

I am just asking that all my praying followers just pray for me and this next year.  Like I said, I'm excited, but like I tell my Sunday School kids, I can always use some extra prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment