Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Currently September

 Well it's that time again...time to link up with Farley over at



So let's get to it...


Listening:
Pandora...on shuffle.  I always seem to be listening to Pandora when I do this.  
(The wifey and I were watching "Head Over Heels", but we had to stop so she could write an article for work.)
When I started this, Warrior by Paradise Fears was playing.  Right before I hit "publish" The Way Down by White Tie Affair was playing.

Loving:
It's Florida.  Which means that weather forecasts are just suggestions.  We have a very low chance of rain tomorrow, so if it's sunny when we wake up, we're going to the beach.  And I am feeling mighty pasty so I can't wait!

Thinking:
Tomorrow is the last day of my 3 day weekend.  And I have done NOTHING for school.  And I am so glad cause I needed it...but my next month is going to be crazy - we're Discovery Ed testing.  And as the ESE teacher I have to pull all of the ESE kids from 3rd-5th and test them in small groups.  Which totally messes up my schedule.  And I should be figuring all that mess out.  *sigh*

Wanting:
So, the wifey and I didn't get to go anywhere on vacation this summer...either she was working or I was working.  So we've booked a Disney vacation for the fall, and (you guessed it), we check in on September 20!  We're also going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for the first time ever!  We're very excited.
Needing:
I need to go grocery shopping.  The first few weeks of school always throw me for a loop.
Three Trips:
Ok, so the rule was three places I'd love to vacation that I've never vacationed before.  The first is Paris.  We lived in Germany when I was little, and my older brother took a field trip to Paris.  I've always wanted to go.
The second place is New York City.  I have always wanted to see Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in person, and go to a Broadway play.  Plus my bestie lives in NYC right now being all lawyery and stuff.
And the third place is Italy.  I really didn't think anything about it before my wifey and I started dating.  It's on her bucket list and it has slowly come over to mine as well.

Well, can't wait to learn more about all of y'all.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooooooh...what is Discovery Ed testing? We use the site a ton in my district, so I'm curious. :-) I'm super jealous about your Disney trip and the fact that you live in the area. I used to live in San Diego (born and raised) and we used to go to Disneyland at least once a year since it was only an hour away. Now I'm in Arizona and never get to go...it's now 5.5 hours away. :-(

    being-ladylike.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a trip to Disney the year when the Animal Kingdom opened with some friends who were graduation from high school. It was an amazing trip that I hope I get to do again one day. Enjoy yourselves!

    Ms. Julie aka Southern Teacher
    Southern Teacher WBT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween! It is awesome. The lines are shorter and you can dress up in costume! That was almost 9 years ago. My hubby and son are headed back, we live in Wisconsin and mu husband takes his team to play baseball in Orlando. We can't all afford it this next year. Have fun! As for your science posts...I teach K-5 science...I have tried something similar...we do it during our 2nd grade solids and liquids unit...What's the Matter, Mr. Snowman? Fun stuff, but not so fun when it is way to cold and have way too much snow! Happy Labor Day!

    Renee at The Science School Yard

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Disney!! It made my list!! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete