Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tuesday Titles

So, it occurred to me (well, repeatedly) that I don't post as often as I want to.  I just can't "find the time" to post.  Or, sometimes it's the content.  What will I post?  So, I thought to myself...I should try to do something weekly.  And maybe, one day, make it a linky party.  But what?

And then it occurred to me...I have read a lot of good books lately...why not share them?

So...Tuesday Titles it is...
every Tuesday I will be sharing a book I've read lately.  I'll try to stick to books that will be good for your classroom, or your professional development, but if I read something that I want to share, I will.

So, for my first Tuesday Title, I wanted to share the first book in a trilogy...


The first book, The Wishing Spell, of the Land of Stories series is amazing.  The story takes well-known fairy tales and flips them.  Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White, Mother Goose, Goldilocks...they're all here.

The main characters are a set of siblings, who get transported into the Land of Stories.  This story would be a great read aloud for the elementary ages, or as a book study for 5th-7th(ish).  There are so many things you can do with this story...compare what we "know" about fairy tales with the characters in the story, use the story to introduce new characters of our own, etc.

There are other books in this series, with more adventure around every corner.

Have you read this book?  What could you do with it in your class?

No comments:

Post a Comment