Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

May Currently

Well...I know I've been missing for QUITE some time.  And I'm back.  I'm going to try to set up a few posts to self-publish within the next few days.  I just get so overwhelmed sometimes that when I get home and actually have time, I just want to relax.  But I will get better at this...I will.

Anyway, with that being said, time to start with May's Currently.  If you've never done it, please visit Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade




Listening: I LOVE Pandora.  And I love that you can have so many stations and just put them on shuffle.  Which is what I do.  Cause my crazy likes all kinds of music and I like to hear different genres all within like 30 minutes.

Loving: I love my job.  I love my kids.  I love the teachers I work with.  But these past few weeks have been CRAZY...like full on cray-cray.  My room is barely hanging onto our sanity, so this weekend was much needed.  We have 13.5 days til school gets out, and my kids are feeling it.

Thinking: I always think I should be productive.  Except this weekend, I really should've been productive.  I am mostly planned for next week, so that's fine.  I already graded everything I needed to grade. (Yay!)  However, I am teaching 3 different summer camps this summer.  I'm only ready for one of them (luckily it's the first one).  But I am still not fully sure about what I have planned for that one.  I am also presenting at our district's Technology Summit this upcoming Saturday.  Am I ready?  Of course not!  Ahh!

Wanting: I still want to win the lottery...enough said.

Needing: I have a corner in my classroom that my wife affectionately calls The Bermuda Triangle.  Yeah...it's where things go to get lost.  It's also right behind my teacher table.  I don't have a desk, I don't have space for it.  So everything goes on the table, and then from the table to the floor.  I really need to get better at that.  And put things away as soon as I'm done with them.  I need to be as organized as people think I am.

Surprise: I know Farley did not mean for us to surprise her with our surprise, but she was the first blog I started stalking reading regularly.  She is so real in her posts, and makes you feel like she understands everything you have to deal with as a teacher (both negative and positive).  Thanks, Farley for being such a positive role model for all teachers.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Hello!
    I found your blog through the monthly link up…midway through the month :)

    I definitely needed to find a way to be more organized this year. Midway through the year I could not believe how many papers I had accumulated. I finally decided to make everything digital (at least my handouts obviously not my games). I have everything saved on an external hard drive AND a jump drive. I take my jump drive from home to school. It has changed my paper organization dramatically! I don't have to worry about filing extra papers to make sure I have them for next year because I can pull it up from my jump drive! I wrote a blog post about it if you think that might work for you.
    When I have students say, "Ms.C I lost that paper", I don't have to search for it in a filing cabinet, I just pop on over to my computer and print one out.


    Also, Let's double our chances at the lottery. You try in your state, I try in mine and we split the earnings :)

    That is so awesome that you are speaking at a technology summit! I thought teaching my district about ClassDojo was cool, but yours takes the cake!

    Good luck simmering down the kiddos!
    Amber
    PeppyZestyTeacherista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete