So my principal texted me this morning asking if I could come to a workshop today and tomorrow. Of course, I accepted. But that meant my brain was too wired to go back to sleep...so I got up and got ready. I don't have to be at the workshop until 1, so I thought I would check this...and look, you're getting 2 posts in 2 days. Lucky you! ;-)
So...time for Meet the Teacher Monday!
(on a Tuesday)
Trina, over at The Ordinary to Extraordinary Classroom is hosting a summer linky.
So let's get to it...
Meet the Teacher Monday: Summer Edition
1. What's your summer teacher persona?
- Slacker Teacher:catching up on every episode of everything you wanted to watch during the school year
- Mommy-On-The-Go: consumed with your children's extracurricular activities
- Summer Fun Teacher:hanging with friends and traveling the world
- Overachiever Teacher:Making TPT products, proparing your classroom, you never really took a break
I honestly have been a combination. We can't really afford for me not to work over the summer...so I teach 3 week-long summer camps out at the University. I've finished 2 and I have 1 next week. But other than that...I would definitely have to say Slacker Teacher. I have gone through some teacher boxes, but I have tried really hard not to even think about school.
2. It's a sunny day in July. Your schedule is wide open, so you decide to?
If by "schedule is wide open" you mean my wife's is, too...then we're going to the beach. Florida weather has been its usual crazy self lately...so no beach. But we're hoping to get in some beach time this weekend.
3.What is your favorite summer thirst quencher?
This is going to sound weird, but honestly my favorite summer thirst quencher is watermelon. There's just something about biting into a juicy piece of watermelon that makes everything right with the world.
4. Where will you be soaking up the summer sun? Have you planned any vacations?
My wife works at a teacher supply store (I know...I'm so lucky). But that means summer is their busiest time of year. So no vacations for us. We have already planned a trip to Disney in September though. :-)
5. Any summer reads, professional and personal?
I read Wonder and Elvis and the Underdogs...both were amazing. I also finished reading Awakened by Angela Watson from The Cornerstone for Teachers (brilliant book...just trying to put some ideas into practice now). I am currently in the middle of Reading in the Wild. I'm seeing some things I'd like to do differently this upcoming year.
6. What does your summer TV habits consist of?
I'm not gonna lie...we're big TV people normally. So we don't have to spend all summer catching up on any shows. We are loving Hell's Kitchen, So You Think You Can Dance, Girl Meets World (I know), and we are loving this new show on ABC Family callled Young and Hungry. It's hilarious. ABC Family has some really good shows.
7. Favorite Summer song of 2014?
I don't really have a favorite summer song. I love most types of music so it kind of depends on my mood and what I want to listen to.
Thanks for sticking it out to the end!