Pages

Friday, November 24, 2017

So...I'm back?

I guess I should start with "hey, remember me?"  Haha.  Or maybe not.  Who knows.

Either way, I'm back.  I didn't realize how long it had been until I went to write this post.  And even then I had to re-read my last post to realize how long it had truly been.  Literally over a year.  I guess I got too busy, or this wasn't a priority, or something.  I do know that part of it is because I'm crazy and like to write these out when I'm alone.  Like, right now, I am sitting on the floor of my wife's old bedroom at her parents' house.  Everyone is asleep but me.  Got too much sleep last night I guess.  I'll pay for it in the morning...


I guess I should do a quick "year in the life" recap maybe?  
So here we go...
2016-2017 school year at a glance
new principal
new ESE counterpart (only 2 grade levels 3rd/5th)
same office
new kids
new curriculum
new testing...lots of testing
new coworkers
And then the end of the year...when 2 of my favorite people in the world and 2 of the best teachers I know felt called to teach at other schools.  What do you do when your TBFFs (who are your real-life BFFs) decide to go to another school?

This year I have some new changes as well.  I have a new Assistant Principal.

And I'm back in the classroom.
5th Grade
I ended last year thinking I would stay in ESE.  I asked to move out, but we were making some changes to ESE, and one-third of our trio was leaving.  My principal asked me to stay ESE for one more year.
To help with the changes
To make sure everything went ok
I said yes.  Anything to help my school.  And she promised me that the next year, a classroom was mine.
But then she texted me over the summer and asked if I would consider going into the classroom now.  But that would mean I would have to help the new ESE team as well as continue teaching.  Of course I said yes.  
Well, first I yelled at my wife from across the store (we were on vacation in St. Augustine, visiting her brother and niece).  Then I texted my squad to get their opinions.  Then I said yes.

So, I'm going to leave this post on that note.  Well, and also with this...I am not changing my blog name, I feel like I am a very Disney-fied teacher.  But my classroom is not Disney themed this year.  I'll give you a hint...


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ryan,

    I help operate a blog for a brand new community called Wildlight, http://wildlight.com/ and after seeing your site, I thought you might be interested in our newest video, “High Tech Gets High Grades in Nassau County Schools.” Smartboards, 3D printers, robotics classes. These aren’t just buzzwords, they’re built into the advanced technology curriculum at the new schools being built at Wildlight. Learn how developers are partnering Nassau County Schools to help empower their commitment to student success!

    Here’s a link to the video: http://wildlight.com/high-tech-gets-high-grades-nassau-county-schools/

    All of the content is meant to be share-able and embeddable so that you can post them on your own website or social channels if desired. If you would like to receive an email update when a new video is posted, please email me at esu@overabove.com and I will add you to my alert list.

    Let me know what you think!
    Best,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete