Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January Currently

It's time to link up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for her January Currently linky party.

 Here goes:


Listening: I love Will and Grace...so does the wifey.  So we are currently re-watching the whole series.

Loving: I have really needed a break from...well, everything.  So these past two weeks of staying up late, sleeping in late, and staying in my pajamas has been just what I needed.

Thinking: I brought nothing, NOTHING, work related home with me.  It has been wonderful!  But it also means I haven't done anything for work next week.  I planned for the next 9 weeks before break, so I know what I'm doing when I get back...but I still should've been more productive.

Wanting: I really want to win the lottery...enough said.

Needing: I'm planned, like I said, for the next 9 weeks.  But I still need to look over the next 2 chapters in math - fractions, yeesh!

Memory/Tradition: Every year on Christmas Eve, we would have a cookie party in my grandparents formal dining room.  It was the only time we were allowed in the formal dining room.  After the cookie party, my grandmother plays the piano while we all sing Christmas carols.  Now that I'm married, I alternate holidays with the in-laws, so I only get this every other year.  But I still force my wifey to sing carols with me every year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven't yet, you need to purchase Farley's Currently for Your Classroom set.  I use it every month with my kiddos and we LOVE it!  Plus it gives me a quick glimpse into what they're thinking.

8 comments:

  1. You have plans for the next 9 weeks? I am jealous! I haven't even planned for next week yet! And can I just say I LOVE that I'm not the only one wanting to win the lottery?! My husband buys tickets faithfully. One day.. one day.. :)

    Mandy
    The 4th Grade Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to plan for the whole 9 weeks as a grade level. We call it our "pacing guide". That way we're all teaching the same lessons on the same day. It's nice, but I still have to go back and fill out my own lesson plans.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of cooking cookies together on Christmas Eve. My mom and I always used to spend at least a weekend baking, but now with my kiddos it is harder to spend a whole day doing that. I totally agree, staying up late has been fun, but I did bring work home. I might as well have left it at school though, because I haven't touched it yet!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All this staying up late is gonna cause us problems when school starts back though. I had a really hard time getting up this morning...and it was a whole 2 hours before I have to get up next week. Ahh! Hope you have a great new year!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ryan! I just found your blog through Farley's currently blog hop, it is refreshing to find a male educator blog as it seems like I mostly see the female perspective in the blogs I follow. I'm your newest follower!

    I'm currently celebrating my 2 Year Blogiversary and would love for you to stop by, celebrate with me, and enter my giveaway.

    Miss L's Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I recently follow you and am excited you use Whole Brain because I do, too! I'll be looking through your old WBT posts to learn more.

      Delete